Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- UNHCR warns of massive shelter needs of DR Congo’s displaced
- DRC: UN Human Rights Chief calls for measures to prevent further violence ahead of crucial election
- CERF allocates $10 million to support regional Ebola response in central Africa
- Children account for more than one third of Ebola cases in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo
- RD Congo - Ituri et Nord-Kivu : Détails des flux financiers de la riposte à la Maladie à Virus Ebola (Semaine 48 : du 26 nov. au 02 déc. 2018)
The representatives of the Guarantors of the Peace, Security and Cooperation (PSC) Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and the region held their fifth ministerial meeting in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo, on 20 July 2018. The meeting was chaired by H.E. Jean-Claude Gakosso, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cooperation and Congolese abroad, representing the Chair of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) and Chair of the Regional Oversight Mechanism of the PSC Framework. It was attended by H.E.
The Statelessness Focal Points of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) Member States with the support of UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency have held their first regional strategic workshop on eradicating statelessness in the region. The workshop which took place in Naivasha, Kenya from 24-27th April 2018, aimed to implementing the common regional framework to end statelessness by reinforcing inclusion within each State and contribute to peace building and sustainable development in the Great Lakes Region.
On 15 – 16 February 2017, Interpeace participated in the SDG4 Regional Forum for Eastern Africa in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The high level forum – organized by UNESCO with the support of the SDG4 co-conveners (ILO, UNFPA, UNDP, UNICEF, UN Women, UNHCR and the World Bank) – seeks to enable Member States under the UNESCO Regional Office for Eastern Africa (Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda) to present their national SDG4 roadmaps in support of the implementation of the 2030 Education Agenda.
Kampala, Uganda, September 05, 2013: The Heads of State and Government of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), meeting in Kampala, on 5 September, 2013 at the invitation of H.E. Mr. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, President of the Republic of Uganda and Chairman of the ICGLR Summit, to discuss the worsening security situation in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
Friday 3 August 2012
Nous, participants des États membres de la Conférence internationale sur la Région des Grands Lacs (CIRGL) délégués de différents ministères et départements gouvernementaux, de concert avec les organisations de la société civile, les leaders traditionnels et religieux, les organisations non gouvernementales internationales, les partenaires de développement et les agences onusiennes de la région, prenant part à la Consultation Régionale de Haut Niveau sur l'Elimination de la Violence Sexuelle et la Lutte contre l'impunité dans la Région des Grands Lacs tenue à Goma, République …