Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Kasai: A Children's Crisis: Coping with the impact of conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- New Ebola outbreak declared in Democratic Republic of the Congo
- UN Emergency Fund gives US$2 million to fight Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
- WHO concerned as one Ebola case confirmed in urban area of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- DRC and its neighbours mobilise resources to tackle Ebola outbreak
Bujumbura, Burundi - The United Nations Operation in Burundi (ONUB) expresses its sorrow at the tragic death of a Congolese refugee at the Mwaro camp.
According to information available to ONUB, the incident occurred on Thursday afternoon, 31 March, during a food distribution operation. An angry mob of refugees formed, causing a threat to the physical integrity of an NGO worker responsible for food distribution at the camp site. As the mob grew more violent, ONUB soldiers stationed in the area intervened to protect the aid worker.
Bujumbura, Burundi - « Les réunions que nous avons eues au cours des deux jours ont été très utiles.
Chers membres des familles des victimes,
Monsieur le Président,
Monsieur le Vice-Président,