Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
- DR Congo: Cholera and Measles Outbreaks - Jan 2013
- DR Congo: Floods - Oct 2012
Most read (last 30 days)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: violence in Tanganyika and South Kivu fuels one of the world’s worst displacement crises for children – UNICEF
- Congo's mega-crisis at deadly tipping point
- Changing lives with one swipe in DRC
- DR Congo violence sees surge in refugees fleeing eastwards
- UNHCR sounds alert as fresh violence in DR Congo’s Ituri province displaces thousands
KINSHASA, Congo (AP-Dow Jones)--The
United Nations refugee agency began
pulling its staff out of eastern Congo on Monday, three days after being
expelled by the Congolese government.
'We're leaving with all deliberate speed,' Pierce Gerety, regional director of
operations for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, said in Nairobi, Kenya.
Gerety said nine staff members had flown out of Goma, a town in eastern Congo,
to Kenya on Monday.
Six more staff members - including two from other agencies who are currently
GOMA, Zaire (Oct 27, 1996 01:25 a.m. EDT) -- Attackers believed to be Rwandan soldiers ambushed a Rwandan refugee camp on Saturday, killing at least four people, wounding hundreds and setting off a stampede of more than 200,000 people.
UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- Zairean troops beat up two U.N. staffers after television reports claimed that U.N. agencies were helping armed Rwandan soldiers infiltrate the country, U.N. sources said Monday.
KIGALI, Rwanda (AP) -- A bus full of relief workers hit a land mine as it traveled to a camp for Rwandan refugees in eastern Zaire, killing two people and injuring 34, relief groups said Sunday.
By CHRIS TOMLINSON Associated Press Writer