Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Kasai: A Children's Crisis: Coping with the impact of conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- WHO concerned as one Ebola case confirmed in urban area of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- New Ebola outbreak declared in Democratic Republic of the Congo
- UN Emergency Fund gives US$2 million to fight Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
- Thousands flee Central African violence into remote region of northern DRC
GOK Registration Update.
As of 31st December 2016, Kakuma Refugee camp population stands at 154,947 with 37,813 from Somalia, 84,983 from South Sudan, 9,078 from Sudan, 1,159 from Uganda, 505 from Rwanda, 5,366 from Ethiopia, 55 from Eritrea, 9,753Congo(DRC) , 39 from COB, 6,164 from Burundi and 22 from Tanzania.
President Mwai Kibaki today met and held discussions with former Presidents Olesegun Obasanjo of Nigeria and Benjamin Mkapa of Tanzania who briefed him on the current situation in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
During the meeting the facilitators in the peace initiative in the Democratic Republic of Congo briefed President Kibaki on the current situation which has significantly improved since the signing of the Peace Agreement in March 2009.
The Peace Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Congress National Du Peuple (CNDP) has considerably …
United Nations Political Office for Somalia Under Secretary-General Mr. Haile Menkarios and Minister for Foreign Affairs Hon. Moses Wetang'ula on 5th February, 2009 held consultations on Somalia and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Hon Wetang'ula said that the political crisis in Somalia poses a complex challenge to the international community, especially in the region. The Minister further said that the tripartite engagement of AU, Igad, UN and a group of partners have always worked together for the common objective of bringing peace to Somalia.
Nairobi, November 18, 2008 - President Mwai Kibaki last evening at State House, Nairobi, held talks with the United Nations Special Envoy to the current crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo and former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo.
During the talks Mr Obasanjo briefed President Kibaki, on the progress of the ongoing peace initiative to resolve the conflict in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo after meeting the key parties to the dispute in Kinshasa, Kigali, Goma and Luanda.
The two leaders appealed to the disputants to uphold the negotiated ceasefire and urged them to …
Heads of state of the Great Lakes region called for an immediate ceasefire and called upon all the armed men and militia in North Kivu to stop fighting.
In a joint statement released after a one day consultative joint meeting of the Great Lakes Regional Leaders, AU and UN, on the situation in North Kivu of DRC held in Nairobi on the 7th of November, the leaders also called for the Establishment of the humanitarian corridor throughout the area to ensure immediate address of the humanitarian crisis and tragedy.
The meeting was attended by H.E.