Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- North Kivu, DRC: MSF scales up patient care activities amid growing tensions and decreased access to healthcare
- Three years on: Girls returning from conflict in DR Congo find acceptance through education
- WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 3: 12 - 18 January 2019; Data as reported by 17:00; 18 January 2019
- UN Human Rights Office says credible reports suggest at least 890 killed in western DRC violence in mid-December
- New Hope with Ebola Drug Trial
Caroline Lenette Senior Lecturer, UNSW
Storytelling is innate to humans. For millennia, ever since cave paintings were used to record practices, storytelling in all its different forms and genres has contributed to rich cultural traditions from one generation to the next.
AUCKLAND, Nouvelle-Zélande, 27 février (HCR) – Le chef du HCR António Guterres a fait l'éloge de l'Australie et de la Nouvelle-Zélande pour leurs contributions à la protection des réfugiés après avoir achevé ses visites dans les deux pays durant lesquelles il s'est rendu compte par lui-même de leurs programmes pour la réinstallation et l'intégration.
The Australian Government has committed to providing more than seven million children with lifesaving vaccinations through its new pledge to the GAVI Alliance.
Attending the opening of the GAVI 'Saving Children's Lives' conference in London on Monday 13 June, Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd announced that Australia will provide an additional $140 million from 2011 to 2013 to support the GAVI Alliance in its efforts to combat two of the biggest childhood killers in the developing world—pneumonia from pneumococcal disease and diarrhoea triggered by rotavirus.