Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Returning Congolese find homes in ruins, livelihoods destroyed
- Ebola Outbreak in Democratic Republic Congo is ‘largely contained’: WHO
- Au Kasaï, les enfants continuent de souffrir de malnutrition
- Enhanced interactive dialogue on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 3 July 2018: Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
- Mothers of Congo’s lost children break silence
The Minister of Health of Papua New Guinea officially launched the outbreak response campaign on 16 July in Morobe, Madang and Eastern Highlands provinces.
Summary of new viruses this week: advance notification of one wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case in Afghanistan in Kunar province. In Nigeria, one new case of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) as well as three confirmed and two advanced notice cVDPV2 positive environmental samples. See country sections below for more details.
• In March 2018, approximately 2.55 million people were food insecure1 , down from 3.4 million as from August 2017. The record-high March to May rains resulted in significant improvement of food security and nutrition status in the second quarter of 2018. Massive flooding across 40 out of 47 counties, affected 800,000 people and displaced 291,171 (approximately 47% children) and 186 killed by mid-May 2018
• A total of 114,543 acutely malnourished children were admitted for treatment from 1 January to 31 May 2018 with UNICEF support.
CONTEXT AND METHODOLOGY
Yambio town is located in Yambio County, Upper Nile State, near South Sudan’s border with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Yambio town was the centre of significant armed clashes and widespread displacement in 2016, and hosts a large population of internally displaced persons (IDPs) many of whom have started to return home as of early 2018.
In June 2018, thousands of people were forced to flee their homes due to hostilities in several parts of the Country. In Central Equatoria, about 20,700 IDPs were reported in Yei town- this follows fighting in several locations in Yei County and nearly 3,100 people were displaced from Kupera to Lainya following harassment and looting by armed elements. In Western Equatoria, some 18,500 IDPs were registered in Tambura; they fled fighting in Nagero, Nagero County.
Today MSF runs 468 projects in 71 countries. Over the years, our medical humanitarian organisation has expanded from a small group of doctors and journalists to a global movement with almost 40,000 staff. However, after 47 years of operations, our fundamental mission and values remain unchanged: to provide essential medical care for those who need it most, regardless of race, religion or political affiliation.
Our operations in Palestine are not as large as those in some other countries, however, they have always been significant.
Organisation d’une marche pacifique par la société civile à Bria suite à la suspension des activités de MSF-F
Vers une amélioration progressive du contexte sécuritaire dans la ville de Bangassou.
CONTEXTES SECURITAIRE ET HUMANITAIRE
Préfecture de la Haute Kotto
$841.5 million UNHCR's financial requirements 2018
Funded 98.7 million
Funding gap 742.7 million
L’axe Lubishako1-Lubishako2, est situé dans le secteur de Ngandja, dans la zone de santé de Kimbi Lulenge, du territoire de Fizi, province du Sud-Kivu.
Amélioration de la situation alimentaire dans le Territoire de Mambasa.
Articles ménagers, eau, éducation d’urgence au profit de 50 000 personnes à Djugu.
Aperçu de la situation
Monique, 20 ans, vivait paisiblement avec son mari et ses trois enfants à Miketa Mbayi, un village situé dans le territoire de Miabi, au sud-est de la Province du Kasaï-Oriental.
IOM relocated 4,095 Internally Displaced Persons in Katanika displacement site following a fire in the site.
IOM reunited 78 Unaccompanied and Separated Children with their families in Tanganyika.
Assessments conducted through IOM mobility tracking identified 725,153 displaced persons in Kasai and South Kivu.
Tinne Gils, Claire Bossard, Kristien Verdonck, Philip Owiti, Ilse Casteels, Maria Mashako, Gilles Van Cutsem, Tom Ellman
UNHCR's financial requirements 2018
Funded 43.5 million
Funding gap 426.9 million