Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- USAID: USAID announces nearly $56 million in additional assistance to contain Ebola in the DRC. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: 835,000 people to receive second dose of the cholera vaccine in North Kivu. 31 Oct 2019
- WHO: Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response. 22 Oct 2019
- Action Against Hunger: Hundreds of thousands who fled violence in DR Congo in desperate need, 11 aid agencies warn. 17 Oct 2019
- MSF: Ebola outbreak threatens fragile local health system in eastern DR Congo. 15 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Democratic Republic of Congo: Emergency Situation Report #15. 11 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID Announces Nearly $56 Million in Additional Humanitarian Assistance to Contain Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo. 8 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UPDATE: Return of Congolese refugees from Angola, 11 November 2019. 11 Nov 2019
- WHO: Maladie à virus Ebola - République démocratique du Congo Bulletin d’information sur les flambées épidémiques, 7 novembre 2019. 9 Nov 2019
- OHCHR: UN Human Rights Office welcomes new agreement with the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region. 11 Nov 2019
In one dreary morning, I, the pupil of kindergarten #2, became an IDP; to be more specific, I was forced to become an IDP. In several hours, I lost my friends, home and happy childhood. I experienced the horror of hunger and cold. At age of 6, I realized words "peace" and "bread". The vision of endless flow of people worn out from hunger and cold and the taste of a piece of bread I clutched in my fist will never fade from my memory.
This report is submitted to the European Parliament and the Council in compliance with the reporting requirement set out in Article 23 of Regulation (EC) N=B01717/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 15 November 2006 establishing an Instrument for Stability (the IfS Regulation). This article states:
'The Commission shall examine progress achieved in implementing the measures undertaken pursuant to this Regulation and shall submit to the European Parliament and the Council an annual report on the implementation of the assistance.
2943rd EXTERNAL RELATIONS Council meeting
Noting our mutual commitment to an international order based on effective multilateralism, the Secretary-General of the United Nations and the Presidency of the Council of the European Union reaffirm their determination to work together in the area of crisis management and have agreed on the following statement :
1. The United Nations and the European Union are united by the premise that the primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security rests with the United Nations Security Council, in accordance with the United Nations Charter.