Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- USAID: USAID announces nearly $56 million in additional assistance to contain Ebola in the DRC. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: 835,000 people to receive second dose of the cholera vaccine in North Kivu. 31 Oct 2019
- WHO: Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response. 22 Oct 2019
- Action Against Hunger: Hundreds of thousands who fled violence in DR Congo in desperate need, 11 aid agencies warn. 17 Oct 2019
- MSF: Ebola outbreak threatens fragile local health system in eastern DR Congo. 15 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Democratic Republic of Congo: Emergency Situation Report #15. 11 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID Announces Nearly $56 Million in Additional Humanitarian Assistance to Contain Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: Maladie à virus Ebola - République démocratique du Congo Bulletin d’information sur les flambées épidémiques, 7 novembre 2019. 9 Nov 2019
- Govt. DR Congo: RD Congo - Ituri et Nord-Kivu : Suivi des activités des commissions engagées dans la riposte contre la Maladie à Virus Ebola (Semaine 44 : du 28 octobre au 03 novembre 2019). 10 Nov 2019
- Govt. DR Congo: RD Congo - Ituri et Nord-Kivu : Evolution spatiale et temporelle de la MVE (Semaine 44 : du 28 octobre au 03 novembre 2019). 10 Nov 2019
Current major event
OCV campaign Sudan
In response to the current cholera outbreak in Sudan, the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) of Sudan conducted a reactive vaccination campaign using Oral Cholera Vaccine (OCV) that targeted 1.65 million people (1 year and older) from 8 affected localities of Blue Nile and Sennar states.
The first round of the campaign was conducted from 12 to 16 October 2019 through the partnership with the WHO, UNICEF, GAVI, MSF and other national and international agencies.
In 2019 As of 31 August
6,023 Submissions Target
3,262 UNHCR Submissions
39% Survivors of Violence and/or Torture
12% Women and Girls at-risk
9% Legal and/or Physical Protection Needs
Resettlement Achievements from 2012 to 2019
In 2018, largest resettlement submissions ever achieved out of Uganda
Continuous achievement of annual submission targets
In 2019, seven resettlement countries accepted to receive refugees from Uganda
The second publication of the annual Mixed Migration Review by the Mixed Migration Centre offers updates on global mixed migration trends and policy events while examining future trends and expectations in a wide range of sectors and their impact on mixed migration. The Keeping track and Managing flows sections respectively set out the year’s key mixed migration trends across the globe and summarise selected policy and legislative developments.
The UK has the presidency in November. It has chosen to hold an open debate on reconciliation which appears to be a follow-up to an open debate held during its last presidency in August 2018, on mediation, in which reconciliation featured in the discussion.
There will be the regular briefings and consultations on the Syria political and humanitarian situation. The OPCW will brief the Council in a private meeting on the use of chemical weapons in the country.
Other meetings on the Middle East include:
Eritrea, Syria, and Yemen are the countries with the most critical access constraints.
More than 20 countries are facing high or very high access constraints.
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Mali, Niger, and Sudan are the countries where access has deteriorated the most since our last access report released in May 2019.
Physical constraints and restriction of access to services are the most common access challenges.
Jacob D. Kurtzer
TASK FORCE CO-CHAIRS
Senator Cory Booker & Senator Todd Young
A REPORT OF THE CSIS HUMANITARIAN AGENDA
Current major event
Rift Valley fever Sudan
The Federal Ministry of Health, Republic of Sudan has recently declared an outbreak of human Rift Valley Fever (RVF) in Red Sea State that started from September 24, 2019. Cases are now also being reported from River Nile and Khartoum states. A total 213 suspected cases, as well as six associated deaths have been reported till October 25, 2019. The outbreak has been laboratory-confirmed with 26 samples out of 29 collected testing positive for RVF.
Current major event
Dengue fever Sudan
The Federal Ministry of Health, Republic of Sudan has recently declared an outbreak of dengue fever in Kassala State that started from August 8, 2019. Between August 8 and October 13, 2019, a total 142 cases of suspected dengue fever with one associated death was reported from two states; Kassala and North Darfur. The outbreak has been laboratoryconfirmed with 31 samples out of 77 collected testing positive for dengue.
Global development is increasingly intertwined with state fragility. Poverty is becoming concentrated in fragile states, and conflict, violent extremism, and environmental stresses can both stem from and be exacerbated by fragility. As a result, many donors—including the United States—are rethinking how their engagement can better help countries address the underlying causes of fragility, build peace and stability, and cope with complex risks.
General: Across Burkina Faso, jihadist violence continued to deprive half a million IDPs of access to health care. Source: AFP
Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Early Warning Early Action (EWEA) Report on Food Security and Agriculture is produced by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). It provides a quarterly forward-looking analysis of major disaster risks to food security and agriculture, specifically highlighting:
potential new emergencies resulting from imminent disaster threats
new developments in countries already affected by protracted crises which are likely to cause a f further deterioration of food insecurity
This Quarterly Mixed Migration Update (QMMU) covers the East Africa and Yemen region (EAY). The core countries of focus for this region are Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan and Yemen. Depending on the quarterly trends and migration-related updates, more attention may be given to any of the countries over the rest.
Current major event
Measles outbreak in Lebanon