Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- Children account for more than one third of Ebola cases in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo
- CERF allocates $10 million to support regional Ebola response in central Africa
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Refugees and Asylum Seekers in DRC (Statistics as of 30 November 2018)
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 19
- Great Lakes Region: Humanitarian Snapshot (September - October 2018)
This is the second edition of the Global Slavery Index. The Index estimates the number of people in modern slavery in 167 countries. This year’s Index also includes an analysis of what governments are doing to eradicate modern slavery. The Index increases our understanding of the contextual factors that make people vulnerable to modern slavery.
De nouvelles données recueillies au niveau mondial mettent en évidence la prévalence de la violence envers les enfants, déclare l’UNICEF
NEW YORK, 4 septembre 2014 – La plus importante collecte de données jamais effectuée sur la violence envers les enfants révèle l’ampleur stupéfiante des sévices physiques, sexuels et psychologiques qu’ils subissent et met en évidence les attitudes qui perpétuent et justifient cette violence, véritablement « cachée sous nos yeux » dans chaque pays et communauté du monde.
United Nations increases health spending in 2013
COPENHAGEN, 10 July 2014 – The value of procurement of goods and services by the United Nations was $16.1 billion in 2013, with the largest sums spent on pharmaceuticals, healthcare services, medical equipment, transportation, construction and food.
These highlights are part of the latest Annual Statistical Report on UN Procurement, which provides data and analysis on the goods and services procured by the UN system in support of its operations.
The 2013 Annual Report lays out the highlights of UNEP's work in 2013, a year in which the organization's Governing Council met under Universal Membership for the first time and the strengthening process agreed the previous year began in earnest. The report focuses on UNEP's achievement in the key focus areas of:
The first 2014 issue of the GPS Update features a report from a seminar at PRIO with Betty Bigombe, former chief mediator in the conflict between the Lord's resistance Army (LRA) and the government of Uganda. This issue also features reports from other recent events at PRIO and internationally, including; PRIO Researchers visit to project partner in DR Congo, a PhD course on Gender, Peace and Security organized by PRIO Researchers Inger Skjelsbæk and Torunn L.