Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- 155 children left orphaned or separated from their parents in DRC’s latest Ebola outbreak
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Ebola outbreak (DG ECHO, UN, DRC MoH) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 September 2018)
- 155 enfants sont orphelins ou séparés de leurs parents suite à la dernière épidémie d’Ebola en RDC
- Ebola strikes big city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and WHO scales up response to new threat
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 7
Contexte humanitaire général
Les déplacements des populations se sont intensifiés durant le mois de Décembre.
Prof Roger Kibasomba
Résumé des activités de COOPI, Rapport Annuel 2005, Janvier 2006 .
Programmes en cours:
Abstract from the COOPI's Annual Report 2005, January 2006.
Programs in progress:
1) Healthcare organization for the Regions of Bamingui and Vakaga, Phase 2:
This 11-month Program was begun in November 2004, with a contribution of 331,357,600 CFA Francs from the European Union - in the framework of the EDF initiatives.
- Tanzania exports a record volume of maize through informal trade as fears of trade ban loom.
- Retail maize prices continue to rise, signifying dwindling stocks in most parts of the region.
- Rice and bean trade resurge but overall trade still significantly lower than last season
RECORD EXPORT OF MAIZE BY TANZANIA
DWW has opened a new maternity clinic in Kamina in Democratic Republic of Congo. Kamina is 700 km north of Lubumbashi. It is very poor part of Katanga region. Population is around 115,000.
Congo (DRC) one of the highest rate maternal and child mortality rate country in the world. This new maternity clinic will serve free of charge for poor people and help to reduce the mortality rates. DWW will fund the expenses of the clinic.
Interview by Michel Smitall / MONUC
Tunis, 29 December 2005 - The Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo has signed an agreement with the African Development Bank Group for a grant of 52.45 million Units of Account (UA*), about US$ 74.69 million to finance the Nsele-Lufimi and Kwango-Kenge Roads Rehabilitation Project.
Propos recueillis par Oscar Mercado
By WAIRAGALA WAKABI
KAMPALA, Dec 28, 2005 (Xinhua via COMTEX) - Ugandan and Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) authorities have agreed on a joint strategy to fight the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), a rebel group fighting the Ugandan government.
KAMPALA, Dec 27, 2005 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Uganda People's Defense Force (UPDF) has handed over 51 rebel militias to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) authorities.
A United Nations peacekeeper from India, soldiers of the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (FARDC) and leaders of a Ugandan rebel movement were among the scores of people killed as the Congolese troops took back nine localities in the troubled eastern region of the country, the UN Mission in DRC (MONUC) reported today.