Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- USAID: USAID announces nearly $56 million in additional assistance to contain Ebola in the DRC. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: 835,000 people to receive second dose of the cholera vaccine in North Kivu. 31 Oct 2019
- WHO: Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response. 22 Oct 2019
- Action Against Hunger: Hundreds of thousands who fled violence in DR Congo in desperate need, 11 aid agencies warn. 17 Oct 2019
- MSF: Ebola outbreak threatens fragile local health system in eastern DR Congo. 15 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Democratic Republic of Congo: Emergency Situation Report #15. 11 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID Announces Nearly $56 Million in Additional Humanitarian Assistance to Contain Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo. 8 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UPDATE: Return of Congolese refugees from Angola, 11 November 2019. 11 Nov 2019
- OHCHR: UN Human Rights Office welcomes new agreement with the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region. 11 Nov 2019
- WHO: WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 45: 4 - 10 November 2019 Data as reported by: 17:00; 10 November 2019. 11 Nov 2019
· There have been 20 206 reported cases of Ebola virus disease, with 7905 reported deaths.
· Reported case incidence is fluctuating in Guinea and decreasing in Liberia, although Liberia reported more cases in the week ending 28 December than in the previous week.
· There are signs that the increase in incidence has slowed in Sierra Leone. However, the west of the country is still experiencing the most intense transmission of all affected countries.
· The United Kingdom has reported its first confirmed case of Ebola.
KINSHASA (République Démocratique du Congo), 12 décembre 2014. LE PROCESSUS de réforme du secteur de la santé de la RDC a connu vendredi 12 décembre 2014 une étape importante avec l'adoption, en la salle de conférence "Bakanja" du Centre d'Accueil de Caritas-Congo, des résolutions et recommandations issues de l'Assemblée générale du Comité National de Pilotage du secteur de la santé (CNP-SS), édition 2014.
In DRC there was long experience with Ebola – this was the seventh outbreak of the disease here. The country had the knowledge and the people needed to stop an outbreak – plus strong technical assistance and support from WHO.
Dear Palais journalists
Following requests from several journalists, please find below my notes on the WHO preparedness missions to support countries get prepared to respond to any Ebola outbreak.
Given the evolving Ebola Virus situation, there is a risk of cases appearing in currently unaffected countries. With adequate levels of preparation however, such introductions can be contained before they develop into large outbreaks.
On 24 August, WHO was notified by the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) of an outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in Jeera County, Equateur Province. This outbreak, which is unrelated to that affecting West Africa, caused a total of 66 cases of EVD including 8 among health care workers.
A total of 15 145 confirmed, probable, and suspected cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported in six affected countries (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Spain and the United States of America) and two previously affected countries (Nigeria and Senegal) up to the end of 16 November. There have been 5420 reported deaths. Cases and deaths continue to be under-reported in this outbreak.
Au 04 octobre 2014, date du dernier cas confirmé, un total de 66 cas (38 confirmés et 28 probables) de la Maladie à virus Ebola a été rapporté en RDC, avec 49 décès enregistrés dont 8 parmi les agents de santé. Le taux de létalité a été de 74,2%.
La RDC déclare la fin de l'épidémie de la maladie à virus Ebola dans la Zone de Santé de Boende | Province de l'Equateur | Nord-ouest du pays
Les objectifs fixés pour 2015 ne seront pas atteints
A total of 14 413 confirmed, probable, and suspected cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported in six affected countries (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Spain, and the United States of America) and two previously affected countries (Nigeria, Senegal) up to the end of 11 November 2014. There have been 5177 reported deaths.
- 509 Global progress towards regional measles elimination, worldwide, 2000–2013
- 509 Progrès dans le monde en vue de l’élimination de la rougeole dans les Régions, 2000-2013
GENEVA – The World Health Organization (WHO) warned today that progress towards the elimination of measles has stalled. The number of deaths from measles increased from an estimated 122 000 in 2012 to 145 700 in 2013, according to new data published in the WHO Weekly Epidemiological Report and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
A total of 14 098 confirmed, probable, and suspected cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported in six affected countries (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Spain and the United States of America) and two previously affected countries (Nigeria and Senegal) up to the end of 9 November. There have been 5160 reported deaths.
A total of 13 268 confirmed, probable, and suspected cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported in six currently affected countries (Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Spain, and the United States of America) and two previously affected countries (Nigeria, Senegal) up to the end of 4 November 2014. There have been 4960 reported deaths.
There have been 13 042 reported cases of Ebola, with 4818 reported deaths, up to the end of 2 November.
All districts in Liberia and Sierra Leone have been affected.
All 83 contacts of the health-care worker infected in Spain have completed 21-day follow-up
MATADI (Province du Bas-Congo) | 30 octobre – 01 novembre 2014 – C’est sur la ‘Place Damar’, dans la Commune de Matadi que le Vice-Gouverneur de la Province du Bas-Congo, M. Atu Matubuana a donné le 28 octobre 2014 le coup d’envoi des Journées locales de vaccination (JLV) contre la polio d’octobre 2014, au nom du Gouverneur de la Province empêché.