Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNHCR: Resources strained as thousands flee conflict in eastern Congo. 12 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID announces nearly $56 million in additional assistance to contain Ebola in the DRC. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: 835,000 people to receive second dose of the cholera vaccine in North Kivu. 31 Oct 2019
- WHO: Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response. 22 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: People displaced in eastern DRC face widespread human rights violations. 12 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Weekly Emergency Update #18 - Ituri and North Kivu Provinces, Democratic Republic of the Congo - 29 October – 4 November 2019. 17 Nov 2019
- Govt. DR Congo: RD Congo - Ituri et Nord-Kivu : Evolution spatiale et temporelle de la MVE (Semaine 45 : du 04 au 10 novembre 2019). 17 Nov 2019
- Govt. DR Congo: RD Congo - Ituri et Nord-Kivu : Suivi des activités des commissions engagées dans la riposte contre la Maladie à Virus Ebola (Semaine 45 : du 04 au 10 novembre 2019). 17 Nov 2019
- Govt. DR Congo: RD Congo - Ituri et Nord-Kivu : Suivi des Indicateurs Clés de Performance de la riposte à la Maladie à Virus Ebola (Semaine 45 : du 04 au 10 novembre 2019). 17 Nov 2019
After a rainy season lull, South Sudan’s warring parties are preparing for major offensives with the Sudan People’s Liberation Army-In Opposition (SPLA-IO) this week launching attacks on Bentiu, capital of oil-producing Unity state (see our recent Conflict Alert). Hardliners in the government and the SPLA-IO appear determined to settle the conflict through war.
The U.S. expanded its aerial campaign against Islamic State (IS) militants in late September with strikes in Syria’s north and east. The operation, which targets both IS and fighters linked to al-Qaeda’s central leadership and the affiliated group Jabhat al-Nusra, risks alienating other rebel groups in Syria and strengthening support for IS.
De nouvelles données recueillies au niveau mondial mettent en évidence la prévalence de la violence envers les enfants, déclare l’UNICEF
NEW YORK, 4 septembre 2014 – La plus importante collecte de données jamais effectuée sur la violence envers les enfants révèle l’ampleur stupéfiante des sévices physiques, sexuels et psychologiques qu’ils subissent et met en évidence les attitudes qui perpétuent et justifient cette violence, véritablement « cachée sous nos yeux » dans chaque pays et communauté du monde.
The fight for control of Libya between the Misrata-led Islamist-leaning coalition and the Zintan-led forces is escalating by the day. Hundreds have been killed and thousands displaced in over six weeks of clashes and heavy artillery fire. The Misrata side emerged victorious in the battle over Tripoli’s international airport, taking control of the capital, and made advances around Benghazi, but the larger political divide remains unresolved.
Increasing Israeli-Palestinian tensions culminated in Israel launching "Operation Protective Edge" in Gaza in early July (see our latest report and commentary). The assault, which started as an aerial campaign and was later extended to include ground operations, reportedly killed more than 1,400 Palestinians throughout the month while 64 Israelis were killed in clashes inside the Gaza Strip and by Hamas rocket fire. Several attempts at reaching a ceasefire agreement failed in July.