Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - Aug 2018
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2018
- DR Congo: Polio Outbreak - Feb 2018
- DR Congo: Floods - Jan 2018
- DR Congo: Landslide - Aug 2017
- DR Congo: Ebola Outbreak - May 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2016
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- DR Congo: Floods - Nov 2015
Most read reports
- UN Human Rights Office says credible reports suggest at least 890 killed in western DRC violence in mid-December
- UNHCR and partners seek US$296 million for Burundi refugee crisis
- New Hope with Ebola Drug Trial
- North Kivu, DRC: MSF scales up patient care activities amid growing tensions and decreased access to healthcare
- DR Congo: Electoral Tensions High Amid Inter-communal Violence and Ebola Outbreak
(Panama City, 9 September, 2008): During a four-day visit to the Latin American region, John Holmes, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, announced that an appeal is being finalized as part of the humanitarian efforts being carried out in Haiti, one of the Caribbean nations severely affected by the 2008 hurricane season.
Mr. Holmes also said that the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) is being used to support response operations being carried out in the region.
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events For a list of acronyms, please see the last page of this and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in update. which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ), in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices.