Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Headlines (most recent)
- MSF: As security situation deteriorates in DR Congo, MSF withdraws staff from Biakato. 6 Dec 2019
- WHO: Second measles vaccination drive targets 2.2 million children in North Kivu. 5 Dec 2019
- EC: EU allocates €50 million to fight Ebola and malnutrition in DR Congo. 2 Dec 2019
- WHO: Four Ebola responders killed in eastern DR Congo in separate attacks. 28 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Measles kills 4,500 children under-five in DR Congo this year. 27 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- WHO: Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 71. 11 Dec 2019
- UN SC: Building upon Momentum from National Dialogue Can Help Cameroon Resolve Political, Humanitarian Crises, Special Representative Tells Security Council. 6 Dec 2019
- MSF: As security situation deteriorates, MSF withdraws staff from Biakato. 6 Dec 2019
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (1 - 7 December 2019). 10 Dec 2019
- UNHCR: Democratic Republic of the Congo Situation: UNHCR Regional Update (September 2019). 10 Dec 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.