Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Headlines (most recent)
- UNHCR: Bringing toilets into the home boosts refugees’ health and security. 19 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: Resources strained as thousands flee conflict in eastern Congo. 12 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID announces nearly $56 million in additional assistance to contain Ebola in the DRC. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: 835,000 people to receive second dose of the cholera vaccine in North Kivu. 31 Oct 2019
- WHO: Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response. 22 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WHO: WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 46: 11 - 17 November 2019 Data as reported by: 17:00; 17 November 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- INTERSOS: Le mouvement des rapatriés spontanés dans les territoires de Djugu et Mahagi, Province de l'Ituri, RDC. 18 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: Profilage des personnes déplacées internes, 17 octobre 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: People displaced in eastern DRC face widespread human rights violations. 12 Nov 2019
- Protection Cluster: Le Cluster Protection en République Démocratique du Congo : Aperçu 2018-2019, Objectifs Stratégiques. 18 Nov 2019
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.