Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- UNHCR: Resources strained as thousands flee conflict in eastern Congo. 12 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID announces nearly $56 million in additional assistance to contain Ebola in the DRC. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: 835,000 people to receive second dose of the cholera vaccine in North Kivu. 31 Oct 2019
- WHO: Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response. 22 Oct 2019
- Action Against Hunger: Hundreds of thousands who fled violence in DR Congo in desperate need, 11 aid agencies warn. 17 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: People displaced in eastern DRC face widespread human rights violations. 12 Nov 2019
- WHO: Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 67. 13 Nov 2019
- WFP: WFP Democratic Republic of Congo: Emergency Situation Report #15. 11 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID Announces Nearly $56 Million in Additional Humanitarian Assistance to Contain Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo. 8 Nov 2019
- OCHA: République démocratique du Congo - Note d’informations humanitaires pour les provinces du Sud-Kivu et Maniema (11 novembre 2019). 13 Nov 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.