Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- UNHCR: Resources strained as thousands flee conflict in eastern Congo. 12 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID announces nearly $56 million in additional assistance to contain Ebola in the DRC. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: 835,000 people to receive second dose of the cholera vaccine in North Kivu. 31 Oct 2019
- WHO: Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response. 22 Oct 2019
- Action Against Hunger: Hundreds of thousands who fled violence in DR Congo in desperate need, 11 aid agencies warn. 17 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Democratic Republic of Congo: Emergency Situation Report #15. 11 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UPDATE: Return of Congolese refugees from Angola, 11 November 2019. 11 Nov 2019
- OHCHR: UN Human Rights Office welcomes new agreement with the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region. 11 Nov 2019
- USAID: USAID Announces Nearly $56 Million in Additional Humanitarian Assistance to Contain Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo. 8 Nov 2019
- WHO: WHO AFRO Outbreaks and Other Emergencies, Week 45: 4 - 10 November 2019 Data as reported by: 17:00; 10 November 2019. 11 Nov 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.