Democratic Republic of the CongoOngoing
Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (most recent)
- Action Against Hunger: Hundreds of thousands who fled violence in DR Congo in desperate need, 11 aid agencies warn. 17 Oct 2019
- MSF: Ebola outbreak threatens fragile local health system in eastern DR Congo. 15 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF boosts medical aid in DR Congo as measles deaths top 4,000. 9 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR aids thousands of Congolese refugees returning home from Angola. 8 Oct 2019
- Save the Children: The Democratic Republic of Congo celebrates its 1000th Ebola survivor. 4 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WHO: Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 63. 16 Oct 2019
- Action Against Hunger: Hundreds of thousands who have fled violence in DR Congo, in desperate need as lean season approaches, 11 aid agencies warn. 17 Oct 2019
- MSF: Ebola outbreak threatens fragile local health system in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. 15 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Great Lakes Region: Humanitarian Snapshot (October 2019). 16 Oct 2019
- WHO: Defeating Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo motivates a community to confront other diseases with handwashing. 16 Oct 2019
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
The Annual Report meets DFID’s obligation to report on its activities and progress under the International Development (Reporting and Transparency) Act 2006. It includes information on DFID’s results achieved, spending, performance and efficiency.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.