- Côte d'Ivoire: Floods - Jun 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Côte d'Ivoire : Floods - Aug 2009
- Côte d'Ivoire: Mudslides - Jun 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Côte d'Ivoire: Floods - Aug 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read reports
- ICC Appeals Chamber maintains Laurent Gbagbo and Charles Blé Goudé in custody and convenes a hearing on their detention on 1 February 2019
- La Chambre d'appel de la CPI maintient Laurent Gbagbo et Charles Blé Goudé en détention et programme une audience sur leur détention le 1er février 2019
- UNHCR Côte d'Ivoire Factsheet - December 2018
- La Chambre de première instance I de la CPI décide la mise en liberté de Laurent Gbagbo et Charles Blé Goudé suite à leur acquittement
- La Chambre de première instance I de la CPI acquitte Laurent Gbagbo et Charles Blé Goudé de toutes les charges
I. Since January 2013, the Financial Regulation governing the EU budget has allowed the European Commission to create and administer European Union trust funds for external actions. These are multi-donor trust funds for emergency, post-emergency or thematic actions.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
This publication highlights a set of 24 UNFPA good practices on South-South cooperation (SSC) in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, gender equality, youth empowerment, and population data for development. It includes SSC case studies on family planning, maternal and child health, midwifery, obstetric fistula, HIV and AIDS, SRH in humanitarian setting, population data and population ageing. It demonstrates the successes and commitment of UNFPA and its partners in promoting South-South partnerships for the achievement of the SDGs.
The 22th round of data collection took place in September and October 2018.
Between 26 August and 24 September 2018, southern Tripoli witnessed clashes between armed groups, triggering population movements of both local populations and migrants to safer locations, often in near-by municipalities. Following the end of hostilities, these movements were reversed as the situation gradually stabilized and livelihood opportunities, such as daily labor, became available again for migrants.
Spotlight on Progress
Problem statement Intra- and inter-country movement is a central feature of West African life. Some people move as a result of conflict, but most move for social and economic reasons. Migration within and from the region has often had a positive effect on household, local and national economies, including through remittances and access to educational and employment opportunities. It is often a necessary way of coping with limited economic opportunities, poverty, subsistence and harsh environments, but can also be aspirational.
TRENDS AND KEY FIGURES