Central African RepublicOngoing
- OCHA Aperçu humanitaire (au 20 novembre 2017)
- Bulletin humanitaire République centrafricaine Numéro 28 / octobre 2017
- OCHA Central African Republic Overview: Oct 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017 (octobre 2016)
- République centrafricaine: Plan de réponse humanitaire 2017- 2019 (Révisé Juin 2017)
- Rapport Périodique de Monitoring Plan de Réponse Humanitaire de janvier à juin 2017– centrafrique
- National Recovery and Peacebuilding Plan 2017–21
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal Jan - Dec 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Regional Appeal Central African Republic (Jun 2016 - Jun 2017)
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- CAR: Donor Guide / RCA : Guide du donateur
- Central African Republic: Floods - Aug 2017
- Central African Republic: Severe Local Storm - Mar 2017
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Central African Republic: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Central African Republic: Monkey Pox Outbreak - Dec 2015
- Central African Republic: Floods - May 2015
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Central African Republic: Floods - Sep 2013
- Central African Republic: Measles Outbreak - May 2013
- Central African Republic: Severe Local Storm - Mar 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- ‘Leave no stone unturned’ to secure aid funding for Central African Republic, senior UN official urges
- Human Rights & Aid Groups Welcome UN Peacekeeper Boost for CAR
- UN Migration Agency Relocates 698 Displaced Households from Unplanned Camp in CAR
- Civilians must be protected against brutal attacks in the Central African Republic
- Central African Republic: MSF suspends humanitarian relief activities following attack in Bangassou
Mauritania hosts over 2,200 urban refugees and asylumseekers and almost 52,000 Malian refugees in Mbera, a camp established in 2012 in the arid south-eastern region close to the Malian border.
Despite the conclusion of a peace agreement in 2015, large-scale returns of Malian refugees are not expected due to persistent violence in northern Mali. In October alone, 689 new arrivals were registered in Mbera.
The humanitarian situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has deteriorated dramatically over the past year. The crisis has deepened and spread, affecting people in areas previously considered stable and stretching the coping mechanisms of people in areas already impacted. A surge in violent conflict and intercommunal tensions has forced more than 1.7 million people to flee their homes in 2017 – an average of more than 5,500 people per day.
Approximately 200,000 people are newly displaced since the beginning of the year as a result of the escalating conflict and violence forcing people to flee. Seeking refuge in spontaneous sites and host families, these IDPs are in dire need of NFI and emergency shelter. The crisis has exacerbated the vulnerability of the already 400,000 people displaced since 2013. The magnitude of NFI needs is significantly visible in host communities and IDP sites.
La Mission multidimensionnelle intégrée des Nations Unies pour la stabilisation en République centrafricaine (MINUSCA) condamne les violences survenues samedi au PK5, à Bangui, et précise qu’elle sera aux côtés des autorités pour empêcher toute tentative visant à perturber la sécurité dans la capitale centrafricaine.
Abidjan, 16 November, 2017 - A newly released nutrition report by the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office for Africa has revealed that undernutrition is still persistent in the region and the number of stunted children has increased. The Africa Nutrition Report, launched today in Abidjan, Ivory Coast also indicates that a growing number of children under five years old are overweight.
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8102E SÉANCE - MATIN
15 NOVEMBRE 2017
En adoptant à l’unanimité de ses membres la résolution 2387 (2017), le Conseil de sécurité a décidé, aujourd’hui, de renouveler le mandat de la Mission multidimensionnelle intégrée des Nations Unies pour la stabilisation en République centrafricaine (MINUSCA) jusqu’au 15 novembre 2018.
FOOD SECURITY SNAPSHOT
Concerns over performance of upcoming 2017 cropping season in Far North Region
Main maize season crop estimated average or above average due to adequate and well-distributed rainfall during cropping season
Alarming food insecurity conditions persist in northern and eastern regions due to refugee influx and internal displacements
Uncertain prospects for 2017 cropping season in Far North Region
FOOD SECURITY SNAPSHOT
Unfavourable production prospects for 2017 crops due to generalized decline in planted area as consequence of persisting civil insecurity
Food access continues to be severely constrained by disrupted livelihoods, reduced production and sharply-curtailed market activity
Prices of imported foods and livestock have risen sharply in conflict-ridden areas
Dire food security situation for large segments of population, strong livelihood support required
Préfecture de Nana-Gribizi / Sous-préfecture de Kaga-Bandoro / Kaga-Bandoro
Protection de l’enfance : Un acteur humanitaire, conjointement avec la section des Droits de l’Enfant de la MINUSCA, a organisé la cérémonie officielle de retrait de 63 enfants associés aux groupes armés, dont 28 filles et 35 garçons, le 07 novembre. Ces enfants ont, ensuite, été remis à un autre acteur humanitaire pour leur réinsertion sociale. Cependant, la persistance d’un activisme élevé des groupes armés fait que le risque d’enrôlement des enfants reste important dans la zone.
209.2 M required for 2017
23.6 M contributions received, representing 11% of requirements
185.6 M funding gap for the Central African Republic Situation
883.5 M required for 2017
283.6 M contributions received, representing 32% of requirements
600.0 M funding gap for the South Sudan Situation
(New York) - Today's unanimous decision by the UN Security Council to add a further 900 peacekeepers to the UN mission in the Central African Republic (CAR) was welcomed by a group of 16 non-governmental organisations including Aegis Trust, the Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, Mercy Corps, and Invisible Children.
The situation in the country has been worsening in recent months, with fighting between rival militias forcing hundreds of thousands of civilians to flee their homes, and rendering 2.4m in need of humanitarian assistance.
Mises à jour ICVA
1. ICVA's Leadership Transition: After nearly 5 years of service as ICVA's Executive Director, we wish Nan Buzard all the best as she begins her next adventure working on innovation at the ICRC. Her contributions have been greatly appreciated.
Mali continues to face a volatile security situation amid growing threats of terrorism, criminality and intercommunity tensions in the northern and central regions.
Local populations face important protection risks amid limited access to public services, documentation, shelter, water, education and food security.
Despite significant challenges, the implementation of the Peace and Reconciliation Accord advances slowly in order to re-establish peace and security in the region.
2,100,716* Total South Sudanese refugees in the region as of 15 Oct (pre and post Dec 2013 caseload)
641,911** South Sudanese refugee arrivals in 2017, based on field reports as of 15 Oct
279,160 Refugees in South Sudan and 1.87 million IDPs as of 30 September