- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- The Caribbean region to benefit from increased humanitarian assistance
- CDEMA And MapAction Partner To Enhance Speed And Effectiveness Of Disaster Response In Caribbean
- A Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) For Barbados
- CDEMA Situation Report #1 - Tropical Storm Harvey - as of 4:00pm on August 18th, 2017
- Barbados: Location Map (2013)
Mexico City (dpa) - Hurricane Ivan churned Wednesday past Venezuela with winds of 220 kilometres per hour on a path toward Jamaica after tearing across the island of Grenada, killing at least 24 people and severely damaging its capital.
The toll, which rose from three earlier in the day, was reported by the Caribbean news agency CMC, which cited local officials.
Twenty-eight people aboard three vessels were also missing off the Venezuelan coast.
Ivan swept through Grenada, one of the Windward Islands, causing "incalculable'' damage to the capital city, Saint …