- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Ottawa, OntarioThe Honourable Peter Kent, Minister of State of Foreign Affairs, on behalf of Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, today announced support in response to the humanitarian needs arising from Hurricane Tomas in the Caribbean.
"We want to ensure that the needs of the people affected by Hurricane Tomas are met quickly," said Minister Kent.
The Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, today expressed Canada's concern for the countries of the Caribbean region affected by Hurricane Dean and, in anticipation of the needs that will be generated, announced that up to $2 million in immediate assistance will be made available as an element of a broader Canadian response.
"On behalf of the government and people of Canada, I wish to extend my sympathies to the families and friends of those affected by Hurricane Dean.
Le ministre des Affaires étrangères, l'honorable Maxime Bernier, et la ministre de la Coopération internationale, l'honorable Beverley J. Oda, ont exprimé aujourd'hui leur sollicitude envers les pays de la région des Caraïbes touchés par l'ouragan Dean.