- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- CDEMA Launches Model Safe School Programme in the Caribbean & Inaugural Meeting of National Safe Schools Programme Committees
- 2nd Batch of the CARICOM Disaster Relief Unit being trained in Barbados
- Disaster Management Partnerships “Arise”
- A Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) For Barbados
- CDEMA Situation Report #1 - Tropical Storm Harvey - as of 4:00pm on August 18th, 2017
(CARICOM Secretariat, Turkeyen, Greater Georgetown, Guyana) His Excellency Sir Edwin Carrington on Friday held his final press conference as Secretary-General of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), pointing to the gains made and challenges faced by the regional grouping over the past year, and charging the media to enhance its role in getting the populace involved in the Community.
The past year, Secretary-General Carrington said, was one of "great difficulty" for the Community.
(CARICOM Secretariat, Turkeyen, Greater Georgetown, Guyana) In a region where people move freely, there is growing concern in the Caribbean over the spread of the H1N1 Virus, and this has prompted Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) in Member States of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) to meet in an emergency session to craft protocols specific to the Region on how to tackle this global pandemic.
These protocols are to be presented to CARICOM Heads of Government when they meet in Guyana 2-5 July 2009, the CARICOM Secretariat's Assistant Secretary-General for Human and Social Development, …