- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Extracted from FEMA National Situation Update
Washington October 19, 1999 -- The National Hurricane Center (NHC) reports if Tropical Storm Jose stays on its current predicted path, the system should pass directly over the Virgin Islands during the early morning hours of Thursday, Oct. 21. At that time NHC forecasters expect the storm will have intensified to a Category II hurricane with maximum sustained winds of 103 mph.
As of 5 a.m. today, NHC reports the storm was 140 miles east-southeast of Barbados, moving west-northwest at 13 mph. Maximum sustained winds are 65 mph, just 9 mph below Category I hurricane status.