- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Geneva, 10 September 2004 - Hurricane Ivan, the third hurricane of the month, is roaring through the Caribbean causing devastation. Ivan is moving towards the west threatening Jamaica and Cuba with winds that have reached 220 km/h.
According to the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency (CDERA). Ivan has hit Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, and Grenada so far. The worst hit island is Grenada, where the death toll was 17 and the damages, according to Prime Minister Keith Mitchell, were 85%.