- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Tuesday, May 22 - The United Nations Development Programme for Barbados and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), through its Regional Risk Reductive Initiative (R3i), is hosting a three-day capacity building workshop to train participants in the use of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) for disaster management, land use planning and development.
GIS Officers Kahrim Skelton of the Town and Country Planning Department and Dillon Robin from the Water and Sewerage Department are participating in the workshop which commenced on Monday in the Cayman Islands.