- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Islands in the south-eastern Caribbean are currently being hammered by winds in excess of 200 km/h (125 mph).
Hurricane Ivan has already caused the deaths of at least 10 people and destroyed 90% of buildings on the island of Grenada, according to the Grenada's Prime Minister, Keith Mitchell.