- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- CDEMA Launches Model Safe School Programme in the Caribbean & Inaugural Meeting of National Safe Schools Programme Committees
- 2nd Batch of the CARICOM Disaster Relief Unit being trained in Barbados
- Disaster Management Partnerships “Arise”
- A Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) For Barbados
- CDEMA Situation Report #1 - Tropical Storm Harvey - as of 4:00pm on August 18th, 2017
In response to the announcement that leaders of the Major Economies Forum had agreed to hold rising temperatures to no more than 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) today reaffirmed its call for short- and medium-term targets that would limit increases to below 1.5 degrees Celsius.
Addressing a Headquarters press conference on climate change, Dessima M.
An appeal seeking approximately $37 million to assist victims of the Peru earthquake would be officially launched early next week, Margareta Wahlström, Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, said at Headquarters this morning.
At a press conference where she briefed correspondents on United Nations relief efforts in response to natural disasters, she said $9.6 million from the Central Emergency Relief Fund (CERF) had already been allocated to ensure the availability of resources. The Prime Minister of Peru had made the announcement …