- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
This publication features 50 good practices, tools and initiatives that were supported under the 2015-2016 DIPECHO Action Plan. These contribute to the implementation of the Comprehensive Disaster Management (CDM) Strategy 2014-2024 and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030. All initiatives in the publication are associated to one of the following four thematic focus areas:
By David Singh
GENEVA, 15 June 2012 - As the 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season kicks off, all 16 member governments of the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility (CCRIF) have committed for the sixth year in a row to renew their hurricane and earthquake insurance for 2012-2013 and earned themselves a 25% premium rebate.
Dear CDM participants, colleagues and friends,
It is an honor and great pleasure to be here in Barbados with all of you.
On behalf of the ISDR system may I thank you for the opportunity to attend this Conference, which has become the key annual event for those working on disaster issues in the Caribbean region.
I usually prepare a long statement providing more information, which you will get hopefully in hard copy, this time coupled with the PPT presentation, pointing at key issues.