- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- The Caribbean region to benefit from increased humanitarian assistance
- CDEMA And MapAction Partner To Enhance Speed And Effectiveness Of Disaster Response In Caribbean
- CDEMA Situation Report #1 - Tropical Storm Harvey - as of 4:00pm on August 18th, 2017
- Disaster Management Partnerships “Arise”
- A Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) For Barbados
Monday, 18 September 2017 06:03 GMT
By Frank McGurty and Jessica Resnick-Ault
Sept 18 (Reuters) - A second powerful storm in as many weeks was bearing down on a string of battered Caribbean islands, with forecasters saying Maria would strengthen rapidly into a major hurricane as it ripped into the Leeward Islands on Monday night.
Read more on the Thomson Reuters Foundation.
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, July 13 (Reuters) - The fifth storm of the Atlantic hurricane season grew into a hurricane on Wednesday as it churned through the Windward Islands of the eastern Caribbean.
Emily's sustained winds hit 90 mph (144 kph) as it approached Grenada and St. Vincent and the Grenadines and threatened Venezuela and the Netherlands Antilles.
At 11 p.m. EDT on Wednesday (0300 GMT on Thursday), the center of Hurricane Emily was about 45 miles (72 km) east-southeast of Grenada and moving to the west at 18 mph (29 kph), the U.S.
By Linda Hutchinson-Jafar
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Sept 7 (Reuters) - Powerful and strengthening Hurricane Ivan killed at least three people in Grenada and devastated its capital, St.
MIAMI (Reuters) - Powerful Hurricane Ivan, the latest in a busy storm season, rushed over the Atlantic Ocean on Monday and threatened the eastern Caribbean Windward Islands.
Ivan, the ninth tropical cyclone of the Atlantic hurricane season and the fourth major hurricane, had 125 mph winds and could gain more strength, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (news - web sites) said.
Warnings and watches were issued for Barbados, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St.
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Lili weakened rapidly on Tuesday as it marched through the eastern Caribbean on a course for Haiti on the island of Hispaniola.
In Barbados, hit by Lili on Monday, officials said 139 homes were badly damaged.