- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
1. Since 1999 DG ECHO has implemented six DIPECHO Action Plans (AP) in the Caribbean with a combined funding total of €16,875,001, supporting 66 projects implemented by 21 different NGOs, UN agencies, academic institutions and government bodies.
2. The objectives of APV and VI (running from 2006/07 and 2007/09 respectively) are similar and principally aim to reduce the impact of future disasters in the Caribbean region by preparing vulnerable populations in the areas most affected by recurrent natural hazards.
Barbados, Feb 18, 2005 (CDERA) - A released by the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency (CDERA) today shows that some Caribbean countries are not fully utilising disaster loss reduction tools available to them.