- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- Barbados Reducing Risks Through Planning
- Jeanne’s Story: Working to Fight Fear in the Aftermath of Hurricane Maria
- Caribbean Nations Pay Steep Price for Climate Change Caused by Others
- Barbados Seeking To Build Disaster Resilience
- CDEMA Launches Model Safe School Programme in the Caribbean & Inaugural Meeting of National Safe Schools Programme Committees
Caribbean Red Cross Program Transitions into Second Phase
A USAID/OFDA-supported Red Cross program to strengthen disaster preparedness in the Caribbean concluded its first phase in August and will begin phase two in October.
The program, "Readiness to Respond: Increased Disaster Preparedness through Enhanced Coordination and Community Awareness," is a joint effort between USAID/OFDA, the American Red Cross, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, and Caribbean Red Cross societies.
USAID/OFDA provided more than …
Latin American Countries Adopt the Incident Command System
USAID/OFDA is providing assistance to 16 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) that are implementing the Incident Command System (ICS).
The ICS is a predefined chain of command first employed in the U.S. state of California in the 1970s in response to extensive forest fires.
(CARICOM Secretariat, Turkeyen, Greater Georgetown, Guyana) In a region where people move freely, there is growing concern in the Caribbean over the spread of the H1N1 Virus, and this has prompted Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) in Member States of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) to meet in an emergency session to craft protocols specific to the Region on how to tackle this global pandemic.
These protocols are to be presented to CARICOM Heads of Government when they meet in Guyana 2-5 July 2009, the CARICOM Secretariat's Assistant Secretary-General for Human and Social Development, …