- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Government of BVI (GIS), BVI, October 29th, 2012 - The Department of Disaster Management (DDM) in collaboration with the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) Coordinating Unit, with financial support from the Enhancing Resilience to Reduce Vulnerability in the Caribbean Region (ERC) Project is hosting a stakeholders meeting to discuss the data needs for the DEWETRA Platform and how it can be used within the Caribbean context.
Barbados has come in for high praise for its efforts in mitigating and reducing the impacts of climate change, particularly along its coasts.
But, at the same time the country's leaders are being encouraged to adopt similar approaches in dealing with the impact of harmful emissions such as fossil fuels.
These accolades and advice were given by Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Christiana Figueres, after an all-day tour along Barbados' coasts yesterday.