- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- The Caribbean region to benefit from increased humanitarian assistance
- CDEMA And MapAction Partner To Enhance Speed And Effectiveness Of Disaster Response In Caribbean
- CDEMA Situation Report #1 - Tropical Storm Harvey - as of 4:00pm on August 18th, 2017
- Barbados: Location Map (2013)
- Disaster Management Partnerships “Arise”
Government of BVI (GIS), BVI, October 29th, 2012 - The Department of Disaster Management (DDM) in collaboration with the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) Coordinating Unit, with financial support from the Enhancing Resilience to Reduce Vulnerability in the Caribbean Region (ERC) Project is hosting a stakeholders meeting to discuss the data needs for the DEWETRA Platform and how it can be used within the Caribbean context.
Effective disaster management not only reduces rebuilding cost and ensures the continued operation of Caribbean countries in the event of disaster, but enhances the quality of life for our citizens.
Disaster management planning is therefore A critical investment for all Caribbean communities. This was strongly emphasized by Ms Velda Octave-Joseph, CDEMA’s Community Disaster Management Specialist who provides support to Participating States to strengthen disaster resilience at the community level.
Bridgetown, Barbados, February 3, 2012 (CDEMA) ‐ The Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency, in collaboration with the national disaster offices of Belize, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Saint Lucia, has organised a series of capacity building workshops to address disaster risk reduction related to the safety of schools and to the agriculture sector.
The workshops are supported under the CARICOM/Brazil/FAO Cooperation Programme on disaster risk reduction and the first of these was held in Belize during the week of January 24 to 27, 2012.