- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
The activities proposed hereafter are still subject to the adoption of the financing decision ECHO/WWD/BUD/2013/01000
Government of BVI (GIS), BVI, October 29th, 2012 - The Department of Disaster Management (DDM) in collaboration with the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) Coordinating Unit, with financial support from the Enhancing Resilience to Reduce Vulnerability in the Caribbean Region (ERC) Project is hosting a stakeholders meeting to discuss the data needs for the DEWETRA Platform and how it can be used within the Caribbean context.
Tuesday, May 22 - The United Nations Development Programme for Barbados and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), through its Regional Risk Reductive Initiative (R3i), is hosting a three-day capacity building workshop to train participants in the use of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) for disaster management, land use planning and development.
GIS Officers Kahrim Skelton of the Town and Country Planning Department and Dillon Robin from the Water and Sewerage Department are participating in the workshop which commenced on Monday in the Cayman Islands.