- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- The Caribbean region to benefit from increased humanitarian assistance
- CDEMA And MapAction Partner To Enhance Speed And Effectiveness Of Disaster Response In Caribbean
- Disaster Management Partnerships “Arise”
- A Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) For Barbados
- CDEMA Situation Report #1 - Tropical Storm Harvey - as of 4:00pm on August 18th, 2017
Dear CDM participants, colleagues and friends,
It is an honor and great pleasure to be here in Barbados with all of you.
On behalf of the ISDR system may I thank you for the opportunity to attend this Conference, which has become the key annual event for those working on disaster issues in the Caribbean region.
I usually prepare a long statement providing more information, which you will get hopefully in hard copy, this time coupled with the PPT presentation, pointing at key issues.
This report covers the period of 01/01/2006 to 31/12/2007 of a two-year planning and appeal process.
Goal: National Societies in the Caribbean region are implementing efficient, responsive and focused programmes that contribute to improving the lives of vulnerable people.