- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
- Countries and territories reporting mosquito-borne Zika virus infections for the first time in the past week:
The investigation by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand confirmed two cases of Zika-related microcephaly on 30 September 2016. This is the first time that Zikarelated microcephaly cases have been confirmed in Southeast Asia. The mothers reported no travel history to areas outside of Thailand.
Countries and territories reporting mosquito-borne Zika virus infections for the first time in the past week:
None - Mosquito-borne Zika infections acquired by travelers returning from the Maldives were reported by Germany and Spain in the past week. Prior Zika cases were reported in January 2016.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Advice for disaster risk reduction specialists and protected area managers on how best to use protected area systems as effective buffers, to prevent natural hazards from developing into unnatural disasters
Nigel Dudley, Camille Buyck, Naoya Furuta, Claire Pedrot, Fabrice Renaud and Karen Sudmeier-Rieux