- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Hurricane Tomas - Oct 2010
- Caribbean: Drought - Feb 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Caribbean: Earthquake - Nov 2007
- Hurricane Dean - Aug 2007
- Caribbean: Hurricane Emily - Jul 2005
- Hurricane Ivan - Sep 2004
Most read reports
- Caribbean Nations Pay Steep Price for Climate Change Caused by Others
- CCRIF to Make 1st Payout of the 2018/19 Policy Year to Barbados
- The Caribbean region to benefit from increased humanitarian assistance
- CDEMA And MapAction Partner To Enhance Speed And Effectiveness Of Disaster Response In Caribbean
- CDEMA Information Note N° 1 - Tropical Storm Kirk - as of 5:00 pm (AST) on September 26, 2018
This report is produced by OCHA ROLAC in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It covers the period from 06 September to 13 October 2017. The next report will be issued on or around 27 October 2017.
This report is produced by OCHA ROLAC in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It covers the first period from 06 September to 06 October 2017. The next report will be issued on or around 13 October 2017.
• Tropical Storm Nate formed on 5 October, travelling north along the Caribbean coastline of Central America towards the US Gulf Coast causing flooding and evacuations and affecting hundreds of homes.
As the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction sets to work in Geneva and the hurricane season approaches, the European Commission's humanitarian aid office (ECHO), which reports to European Commissioner Louis Michel, has granted EUR 7 million for its 7th disaster‑preparedness action plan in the Caribbean. Priority will be given to the most vulnerable and exposed communities. About 300 000 people will benefit directly.
Since the programme was launched in …
THE COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES,