- Brazil: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2017
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Brazil: Floods - Jul 2015
- Brazil: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2013
- Brazil: Drought - May 2012
- Brazil: Dengue Outbreak - Apr 2012
- Brazil: Floods and Landslides - Jan 2012
- Brazil: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2011
Maps & Infographics
Rain-induced flooding over large parts of Brazil have killed at least 31 people and left another 500,000 homeless, the government's civil defense agency said Thursday, CNN reported.
About 270 towns and communities in 10 states have been flooded by swollen rivers.
Recent floods and mudslides in northern Brazil have killed at least 15 people and left 180,000 homeless, the country's National Civil Defense said on Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
About 70,000 of the homeless are currently residing in public shelters. Heavy rains has already affected more than 190 cities in seven states, according to the Civil Defense.