- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- On October 15 (Mon), the Government
of Japan decided to extend emergency assistance in kind (equivalent to
a total of approximately 11 million yen) comprising tents and blankets
to the Government of Belize, which has suffered a hurricane disaster.
2. The hurricane Iris, which hit Belize on October 8, has caused a large-scale disaster especially in the southern region of the country.
On October 13 (Fri), the Government of Japan decided to extend to the Government of Belize emergency material aid of electricity generators, blankets, plastic sheets and other items worth about 9,250,000 yen.
Hurricane Keith hit Belize from October 1 to 3 and caused great damage to the country, especially in the northern region. According to the Government of Belize and other sources, the total number of the afflicted people is about 10,000 out of Belize's population of about 240,000, including four persons dead and five missing.