- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
This website allows you to explore how different scenarios of global greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change could change the geography of food insecurity in developing and least-developed countries. By altering the levels of future global greenhouse gas emissions and/or the levels of adaptation, you can see how vulnerability to food insecurity changes over time, and compare and contrast these different future scenarios with each other and the present day.
Royal Navy warship, HMS Portland, and the Royal Fleet Auxiliary tanker, Wave Ruler, have sent teams ashore to provide assistance to the remote village of Xaibe in Belize, following the devastation caused by Hurricane Dean.
The two ships sent an initial party of 15 to assess the situation. Once ashore they joined up with a party from the British Army, who are based at the permanent army training centre in Belize.