- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
(Ottawa, October 14, 2005) The Canadian Red Cross announced an additional $100,000 for Hurricane Stan relief efforts in Central America from Canadian donations.
When the disaster struck, the Canadian Red Cross responded immediately with a $200,000 contribution - of which $150,000 came from CIDA. Funds collected from this appeal will provide survivors with food, blankets, kitchen kits, hygiene kits, and clean-up kits.
(Ottawa, October 7, 2005) - The Canadian Red Cross has contributed $200,000 to support the relief operations for Hurricane Stan, of which $150,000 is from the Canadian International Development Agency.
Thousands of people are in desperate need of food, clean water and shelter, after Hurricane Stan caused flooding and landslides in Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Mexico, Belize and Haiti.
The flood waters have forced thousands of people to evacuate from their homes. Infrastructure and crops have been seriously damaged.