- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
In the immediate hours after Hurricane Dean's landfall on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Mercy Corps is preparing to rush relief to families taking shelter from still-fearsome winds and torrential rains.
We're accepting donations and partnering with Washington D.C.-based Partners of the Americas to respond to survivors' needs.
"We've seen the incredible needs in the immediate aftermath of such a strong hurricane," said Susan Romanski, Mercy Corps' director of disaster risk reduction, noting that in recent years the agency has shipped relief to survivors …
Category 5 hurricane surging toward YucatanPeninsula
PORTLAND, Ore - As Hurricane Dean threatens to make landfall in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula tonight, the global humanitarian agency Mercy Corps is preparing to rush relief to families in the path of the storm.