- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Evacuations from coastal areas began in earnest yesterday, as a 'potentially catastrophic' hurricane threatened Central America. Christian Aid staff and partners have been working with local emergency committees to help communities identify emergency shelters.
Hurricane Felix is a powerful category five hurricane - the highest rating possible. It has just struck the Caribbean coast of northeast Nicaragua, near the border with Honduras, with wind speeds of up to 160 miles per hour. Over the next two days, Felix is expected to sweep over Honduras, Guatemala, Belize and Mexico.