- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
CENTRAL AMERICA: HURRICANE FELIX
Please pray for the many in Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala that are weathering the fierce winds and rains of Hurricane Felix. UMCOR is monitoring the situation and contacting our partners in these areas as communication permits.
Please help UMCOR in its anticipated response by giving to Hurricanes 2007, UMCOR Advance #982511.
IRAQ: HELPING THOSE DISPLACED BY WAR
UMCOR is helping Action for Churches Together partners to meet the immediate needs of displaced Iraqi refugees in Syria by providing essential food and hygiene items.
CARIBBEAN: HURRICANE DEAN RESPONSE
Hurricane Dean tore through the Caribbean August 19-21. Jamaica and Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula took the direct hit from Hurricane Dean after it had lashed the coastlines of Haiti, Belize and other Caribbean nations. This massive storm that struck Mexico as a rare category 5 hurricane weakened after crossing the Yucatan Peninsula, but may gain strength before it makes landfall again.
UMCOR is contacting partners in the region to determine its response.