- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Several countries have disaster risk management plans, which need to be taken into consideration in the process to formulate and implement NAPs.
Many Caribbean countries have already mainstreamed adaptation into national development plans and climate change policies
Robust institutional arrangements provide an enabling environment for advancing adaptation planning.