- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Ky Luu, Director, Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance, U.S. Agency for International Development; Michele Bond, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Overseas Citizen Services
Washington, DC August 21, 2007
MR. GALLEGOS: Good afternoon. I want to thank you all for coming. Today we have Mr. Ky Luu, the Director of the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance for the U.S.
The United States is providing Central American countries with satellite technology that will improve weather forecasts and enhance warning efforts that may save lives and property at risk from severe weather, the U.S. Department of Commerce has announced.
The technology is part of a $1,000 million package of U.S. reconstruction and development assistance following the devastation caused by Hurricane Mitch in 1998.
On July 26, U.S.