- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
This rainfall estimate was derived from the daily global CMORPH precipitation dataset at a spatial resolution of approximately 27km for this region, and was calculated using microwave and infrared data from geostationary satellites. It is possible that precipitation levels may have been underestimated for local areas, and is not a substitute for ground station measurements.
This map identifies (in red) those land surface areas in northern Belize under 4 meters in elevation, as measured from the SRTM 90m dataset. This represents an approximated upper limit for the NOAA anticipated storm surge of Hurricane Dean which made landfall near Belize on 21 August 2007. This is a preliminary analysis and has not yet been verified in the field.