- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
23 October 2008, Marie-Françoise Borel
Torrential rains carried by a series of depressions and storms have left a wake of devastation in Central America over the last three weeks. Countries most affected by flooding and landslides include Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua where tens of thousands of people have sought refuge in shelters.
At least 30 people have died in the region, according to the Dartmouth Flood Observatory and Red Cross statistics, and damage to homes, infrastructure, crops and livestock is heavy.