- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
By Gabriel Lesser and Jeanne Batalova
by Manuel Rodríguez and Eva M. Calvo
With 26 tropical storms and 14 hurricanes, the 2005 hurricane season has been rated one of the most active and destructive in history.
Forecasts made at the beginning of the year by experts at the United States National Hurricane Center (NOAA) predicted the formation of at least 12 cyclone systems, five of these reaching categories 3 to 5 in Saffir-Simpson scale.